In the summer months, I love having egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad… or anything that does not require firing up the stove. Thankfully, I have a plug-in egg cooker/steamer, so I don’t even have to boil the eggs for this delicious egg salad.
Egg Salad is perfect on bread, crackers, or even as a dip for fresh veggies. And to be honest, I have even eaten it with a fork!
What is in this simple recipe?
This recipe is so simple, with just a few ingredients, it can be thrown together and in the oven in just a few minutes.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Yellow mustard
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper
How to Make this Simple Recipe
Mash up the hard-boiled eggs and combine with the other ingredients!
Variations and Mixins
You can make this simple salad into different versions with just changing some of the ingredients! Try mixing in:
- Red onion
- Diced peppers
- Using Dijon mustard instead of yellow mustard
- Omit the dill and try tarragon or parsley
More Favorite Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious summer salads, try one of these other recipes:
Julia’s Simple Egg Salad
- 8 eggs hard boiled cooled and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp yellow mustard
- 1 green onion sliced thinly
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh dill chopped
- In medium bowl, mash eggs until they are in bite-size (or smaller) pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill, covered, for 2-3 hours.