Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you can’t have your favorite foods while eating better. These healthy chili cheese fries pack a comfort-food punch and are only 411 calories for a HUGE serving. Uh… hello. You seriously can’t tell these are healthy. The chili on top is to die for… and the best part easy, they are quick and easy to make.
Healthy Chili Cheese Fries
- 3-1/4 pounds potatoes washed and cut into 1/3 inch fries
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 large white OR yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon local honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- In large bowl, add potatoes and warm water to cover potatoes completely. Set aside for 20 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes evenly, in a single layer, on both baking sheets.
- Drizzle each pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Cook additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, brown turkey until no longer pink. Add white OR yellow onion and continue cooking until onions are tender. Add garlic and remaining ingredients, except chicken broth and honey. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add honey and stir until dissolved.
- Distribute fries among plates. Top with chili, sour cream, red onions, cheese, and green onions.