My smoked sausage penne alfredo with cherry peppers is a twist on traditional alfredo. It combines the smokiness of sausage with the creaminess of alfredo sauce and the spiciness of cherry peppers. If hot isn’t your thing, feel free to omit the cherry peppers or swap them out with cherry tomatoes! Enjoy!
Smoked Sausage Penne Alfredo with Cherry Peppers
- 1 14 - 16 ounces package smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2" slices, then cut in half
- 2 jars alfredo sauce approximately 14 ounces total
- 5-6 hot and sweet cherry peppers from a jar drained and diced
- 1 lb penne pasta or pasta of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta per package instructions.
- In a medium sized skillet, over medium-low heat, saute the smoked sausage pieces for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cherry peppers to sausage mixture and continue to saute for 6 minutes or so.
- When pasta is to desired tenderness, drain and return to pot. Add sauce, sausage and pepper mixture, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes to allow sauce to heat.
- Just before serving, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.