This week’s Monday Listicles is 10 Songs from Your Senior Year. I had to get the Hubs in on this one– the songs from my senior year SUCKED. Next week’s list is inspired by Alisa who has a lovely blog called Southern girl eats clean. She thought we should make a list of 10 FOODS THAT MAKE YOU THINK OF…
I’d love to make this a list of the songs we danced to at prom, but we went racing instead. So, even though Video Killed the Radio Star is the title of this one, that song wasn’t in the Top 100 when either the Hubs or I were in our senior year. I’ll even save you the math, because I am sure you are dying to know. I’m 35 and he is 37.
- Litty Bitty by Alan Jackson (funny story below)
- Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina
- Time Marches On by Tracy Lawrence
- No News by Lonestar
- Daddy’s Money by Ricochet
- Buddy Holly by Weezer (if you don’t watch any of the other videos– watch this one. Its awesome!)
- Self-Esteem by Offspring
- Third Rate Romance by Sammy Kershaw
- John Deere Green by Joe Diffie
- You Wreck Me by Tom Petty
Funny Alan Jackson Story:
One of our first dates, the Hubs took me to see Alan Jackson. It was the first concert I had ever been to. It was amazing. This girl sat beside us and never moved, clapped– nothing– for the entire show until Alan played Litty Bitty… and she jumped up and started screaming and dancing around and cheering. When the song was over, she sat down and didn’t move for the rest of the show. LOL.