Happy Wednesday! It’s that wonderful day of the week that features the Wednesday Hodgepodge for your reading pleasure. We are back after a short hiatus last week and everyone is ready to go! So, read the answers to Joyce’s random questions here and then hop around to the other Hodgepodgers and check out their answers!
1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
When we moved to the town north of where we were living. We moved ourselves – and I was 6 months pregnant with twins! I am pretty happy where I am, I love my house and its location. I wish it was a little more in the country, but its close enough. I like exploring new places. Hardest part is packing and unpacking… its so annoying. That and setting up all the utilities – water, gas, cable, etc.
2. When were you last ‘moved to tears’? Explain.
I got a little teary-eyed during Jerome Bettis’ Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement speech.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car…any forbidden foods? What’s the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
Don and I are allowed to eat but the kids aren’t. (And no, we don’t eat in front of them while they watch…) I ate my breakfast this morning in my car. My go-to car snack is usually beef sticks and cheese crackers. Its something Nana started when my brother and I were little and it has just stuck.
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston and Ike Turner is one of my favorite “car songs”.
5. What’s your most frequently visited drive-thru…Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
6. “He who hesitates is lost”…would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the ‘lost’ category?
I think it depends on what the situation is if you hesitate and lose. It also depends on the decision I am making – most I just go with my gut instinct, but others I have to research and plan before deciding one way or another.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
I got lost when I was in Appleton, Wisconsin for work recently. It wasn’t stressful – I couldn’t figure out exactly where I was in relation to where I was going and got turned around.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so ready for the weekend.