I can’t believe its the last week of September! Where did the month go? I cannot believe it is October! I don’t even have my Halloween decorations out yet! Yikes! Since it is Wednesday, its time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Ready? Let’s go!
1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
Definitely Halloween. I love the entire holiday… especially seeing all the kiddos dressed up and trick or treating.
2. Food for the soul or music for the soul…which camp are you in? Tell us why.
Music for the soul. There are just some songs that can turn a bad day better just by listening to them.
3. What are two or three things you’ve learned recently as the result of an online search?
What an “inchie” is… I joined Swap-Bot and everyone was talking about inchies… an inchie is a 1″ x 1″ square of paper that has something hand drawn or stamped on it. You swap these and make collages.
How to keep bees and yellow jackets away. Poor Bo freaks out when a bee is anywhere near him. Think screaming, crying, and running off the soccer field. So, I tried to find something to repel them. No luck.
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.
Jalapeno Popper Dip. Here’s the recipe: https://www.citygirlfarmlife.com/jalapeno-popper-dip/
5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?
The perfect morning routine? Is there such a thing? I’d say in a perfect world, I’d get out of bed (not the couch because dogs and/or kids shoved me out of bed) when the alarm first goes off, not having to search for my glasses, not having to get out of the shower to grab a new bar of soap, not stepping or tripping on toys, and finding an outfit that looks great and isn’t wrinkly… that’s five, but I could go on and on… and that was just from this morning!
6. What small thing have you taken note of today?
I made a list of what I need to get done today for month end. So far, I have crossed three things off and it is only 8:30 am.
7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of the things I am doing with Swap-bot is post card swaps. Usually, there is a theme – like boats, scenery, fall, etc. But, do you know how hard it is to find post cards these days? I ask for them and everyone looks at you like you have two heads! I will now know to stock up when we go on vacation!