Happy Spring and Happy Wednesday! Joyce has a bunch of Spring questions this week for Wednesday Hodgepodge… so, read on!
1. Has spring sprung in your little corner of the world? Other than the calendar how would I know? What’s your favorite thing about spring?
Spring has sprung here, but the weather hasn’t fully agreed yet with the calendar. We have our crocuses and daffodils are blooming and the buds are showing up on trees… but the weather is waffling back and forth from cold to warm. Crazy Ohio weather. My favorite thing about spring is the birds.
2. Besides the weather, what’s put a spring in your step recently?
Losing 20 pounds.
3. How does Easter impact you?
I’m ecstatic that Jesus died on the cross for me.
4. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought it would make a fun Hodgepodge question. Which of the following would you find most disappointing…
a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling out before you take the first bite? dropping a just-purchased Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee? opening the peanut butter jar and finding it empty? upending onto the sidewalk a just-purchased ice cream cone? a burnt bagel popping up in your toaster when you’re rushing breakfast? or cutting into an avocado and finding out it’s rotten?
Hmmm… dropping the ice cream cone on the sidewalk. I love me some ice cream.
5. What’s something held together with tape at your house? Or a paper clip? Or a wing and a prayer?
The CD-ROM on the computer I am using to type this is taped shut… except it keeps popping open. Of course, if maybe if I used something stronger than washi tape, it might stay closed. The kids dropped it awhile back and broke the tab that holds the little drawer closed.
6. Do you feel underappreciated? In what way?
Every. Single. Day. I don’t think people realize all that I do because they only see what they want to see.
7. What’s something you’d build if you knew how?
A log cabin in the woods or near a mountain stream. One of those nice, huge ones with a wraparound porch with rocking chairs where I could read all day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I cannot believe my babies are going to be seven this Friday. I saw one of those memory posts on Facebook this week where I had posted the OBGYN was taking them c-section…seven years ago. Yikes. Where has time gone?