Happy Wednesday! This week’s Wednesday Hodgepodge is the last one for April. Where in the world did the month go? If you haven’t joined in on the fun, hop over to visit Joyce and grab this week’s questions then join in on the random fun!
1. This is the last Hodgepodge in April. Share something you learned this month.
This month I learned how to digital scrapbook! I am totally hooked. I was so behind on getting the kids’ scrapbooks completed and messing around one day I decided to check out digital scrapbooking. I think it is as much fun as traditional scrapbooking… and cheaper too! I have found free and really inexpensive digital kits and also found a place that does an amazing job printing my pages for 99 cents a piece!
2. It’s National Poetry Month, and we all know you can’t escape an April Hodgepodge without a little poetry. Keeping the first line as is, change the rest of the wording in this familiar rhyme to make it your own – ‘Hickory Dickory Dock…
Hickory, dickory dock
I need to stop watching the clock
The day is dragging, the week is long
The weekend will never come along
That stupid, flipping clock.
Okay, that was bad, I know…
3. What were one or two rules in the home you grew up in? Growing up, did you feel your parents were strict? Looking back do you still see it that way?
I have been trying to remember some rules we had, but I really can’t remember any. I know it was forbidden for me to street race. If my dad found out I was street racing, I was not allowed to drag race on the weekend at the track. Other than that, there are none that really stick out in my head. That being said, I felt like my parents were strict and were lenient on my brother. Looking back, I still think this… but, of course, find myself saying and doing the same things they did and said to me.
4. Tell us about a kitchen or cooking disaster or mishap you’ve experienced. Do you have many from which to choose?
I’m not sure if Don remembers this or not… but I had decided to make chicken and noodles in the Crockpot right after we moved in together. I didn’t know you couldn’t put noodles in the Crockpot right at the beginning. I put the noodles and raw chicken in and left for work. When I got home, the noodles has swelled and expanded so much, the lid of the Crockpot was off the top and the doughy noodles were overflowing… like some mad science experiment gone bad. We ate hot dogs and I never attempted chicken and noodles in the Crockpot again.
5. Plant a kiss, plant doubt, plant a tree, plant yourself somewhere…which on the list have you most recently planted?
Plant a kiss…. on all four of my babies… this morning before I left for work. Don, Mo, Bo, and Kashtin (the dog).
6. What’s your most worn item of clothing this time of year? Are you tired of it?
Absolutely everything. I get so of “winter clothes” this time of year that I start wearing my spring clothes with shrugs and sweaters just for something different.
7. I’m wrapping up the A-Z Blog Challenge this month and our Hodgepodge lands on letter W. What’s one word beginning with W that describes you in some way? How about a word to describe your home, also beginning with W?
I’m going to give you two that popped in my head… worn-out and well-read. My house, would have to be worn…. but I am slowly working on it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This has been a crazy week and a few minutes ago I realized I hadn’t posted anything for Monday and Tuesday. Oops.